Welcome to The Point
The Point is a New York State-specific, mobile friendly locater tool for harm reduction material and services (e.g. sterile syringes, disposal sites of used syringes and drugs, naloxone, and free HCV testing)
Keep Yourself and Your Community Healthy!
Site Type Information:
- Naloxone - obtain naloxone, the drug that reverses opioid overdose, at a pharmacy without a prescription. Naloxone is covered by Medicaid or private insurance--- contact your insurer to double check)
- Syringe Drop off - sites where syringes are disposed of in secure and anonymous drop boxes (kiosks)
- Hep C Testing - these sites offer hepatitis c antibody testing and may provide confirmatory testing or referral for this service.
- Syringe Access - obtain syringes without a prescription
- Syringe/Drug Drop Off - drug drop off kiosks, typically placed next to syringe collection kiosks
- Syringe Exchange - Provides new sterile syringes and other safer injection supplies, and safe disposal of used syringes